1. You’re at home! The convenience of not having to travel is incredibly valuable – you save on time, energy, and stress by not having to commute to and from the gym. Clients also tell us that they like the convenience of being able to get ready for work at home after a training session, instead of hauling all their shower gear to the gym and back, or paying for overnight lockers. What’s more is that you no longer have to worry about forgetting something at home – iPod, gloves, towel, water bottle – they are all right there, right when you need them.
2. Welcoming atmosphere. Again, you are at home – there is no worry about an intimidating gym atmosphere, navigating around a facility that you may not be comfortable with, or any competitive Joes flexing in the mirror as you try to focus on those military presses. Even better, you get to choose the music that gets you pumped, instead of having to listen to what a private facility would play.
3. Motivation. Let’s face it, there are some days when you are really excited to train, and then there are the days when you just aren’t in the mood. Having a personal trainer show up to your door just at that moment can really snap you back into focus. Your goals are that much more attainable when you’re accountable to someone and an excellent trainer will know exactly how to keep that motivation going. (read: no more excuses!)
4. 100% time for YOU. In-home personal training allows you to be selfish in the best way – your trainer’s focus is on you and your goals the entire time and there are no interruptions from other gym members or staff.
5. Kid-friendly and kid-healthy! By working out at home, you reduce the need (and therefore cost) for childcare as kids can be there too. An added benefit is that your children will see you prioritizing your health and having fun while exercising, which sends a strong and positive message.
6. Food. How many times have you rushed from the gym to work, an event, school, or any other place and ended up missing your post-workout meal? Shakes and bars are handy, but you also deserve a good nutritious meal after a challenging session, and being at home makes that happen. On the plus side, if you aren’t feeling 100% and need a little pick-me-up in the session, it’s easy to grab a handful of nuts, a small piece of fruit, or some natural fruit juice and keep going.
7. No waiting for gym equipment. Waiting drags out the time you spend at the gym, which decreases the time you have left to spend doing other things. Nielsen Fitness trainers literally bring the workout to you, and we’ll customize your program based on your goals and use what you have on hand, be that body weight, skipping ropes, free weights, or anything else. We have a variety of equipment that we also bring to you, depending on your goals, such as TRX Suspension Training systems, resistance bands, bosu balls, and more.
8. Great investment. One of the best investments you can make is in your health. And if you have enough space to outfit your place with some equipment, that’s a bonus! The money you save on a few months membership at a gym can easily pay for equipment that you’ll have for a lifetime in your own home. With the best trainers teaching you how to use equipment and build great workouts with it, you’ll be unstoppable!
Poul Nielsen is the owner and operator of Nielsen Fitness, Toronto's leading team of in-home personal trainers. He has 18 years' experience in the fitness industry and has taught courses in Fitness and Lifestyle Management at George Brown College.
In addition to exercise (obviously), he loves spending time with his family, playing the guitar, strong coffee - and dark chocolate!